torsdag 2 april 2015

What I bought yesterday and what it cost.

Yesterday I had almost ran out of ingredients, however inventing coconut flakes as a topping gave new sensations of flavour and made me content anyway. But. It was time to go shopping.
I cycled the seven kilometers ( a little more than four miles) to Almarkaröd, where Jane Cimmerbeck and her husband Andreas have a farm and their organic shop, physically and as a webbshop. This is how it looks when you come from Östra Sallerup...

...and inside.


Sometimes younger members of the family help. Here are Emma, Isac and Linnea.


 Jane comes from Norway, her grandmothers were farming wives, one from a rich area, and the other from a poor. Jane says, she has learned a lot from how they worked, their philosophy and how they handled what nature gave.
This is what I took home. Walnuts, mungbeans, ginger, cauliflower, pepper, garlic, selleri ( root and stem), white and red cabbage, salad. Hm, I forgot beetroots, their intense color cheer up anything. 46 Euro of which walnuts are 13. Expensive? I don´t know yet. We will see next spring how much an average Mandala Meal costs. I now guess one Euro. Am I right? Keep counting.



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar